Applications for the 2017-2019 cohort have closed. The next cohort will begin in summer 2019. If you would like be notified when the application for this program opens please email the Klingenstein Center.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants with degrees from outside the U.S. or Canada should contact the Klingenstein Center for guidance on submitting a course-by-course evaluation for U.S. equivalency.
- Three or more years of teaching experience.
- Currently teaching in an independent or international school and planning to teach in an independent or international school in the following academic year. Because there is considerable collaboration with the sponsoring school, you must be endorsed by your Head of School.
- GRE, MAT or GMAT scores.
- Previous academic accomplishment, job performance as determined by letters of recommendation, assessment of leadership potential and character are considered in students selection.
The next cohort will begin in summer 2019. Applications will open in fall 2018.
- Priority Deadline - November 1, 2018
- Final Deadline - January 15, 2019
Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered on a space-available basis
How to Apply
The Klingenstein Center's Two-Summers Master's Degree program is offered through Teachers College at Columbia University. All degree candidates must apply to the Private School Leadership (Klingenstein) program through the Teachers College admission office. The application requires:
- a personal statement,
- two recommendations (one from the head of school and one from a division director or immediate supervisor),
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- a resume, and
- current GRE, GMAT or MAT scores.
For more information, or to apply, please visit Teachers College admissions' Leadership & Administration section online.