Thirteen Klingenstein program alumni will be presenting at the NAIS's 2015 People of Color Conference. If you're at POCC, be sure to put these on your "must attend" list of sessions!
- Dennis Bisgaard, PSL '96 HDS '15 & John Bracker, KSI '88 - Breaking Down Invisible Walls, Glass Ceilings and Double Doubt: Proven Passageways into Senior Leadership Roles for Educators of Color
- Ara Brown, KSI '06 - Dueling Souls: Students of Color and Multiple Identities
- Alewa Cooper, KSI '03 & Noni Thomas Lopez, PSL '06 - Blazing the Path: Creating Powerful Development for Emerging Leaders of Color
- Morgan Darby, KSI '11 - A Conversation: The Fluidity of Gender, Racial and Sexual Identities in Young People Today
- Diego Duran-Medina, KSI '08 LA '13 - The Other Side of Service-Learning: The Teaching of Activism
- William Fisher, KSI '12 - Occupying the Territory: Teaching Race and Revolution at Independent Schools
- Christel McGuigan, KSI '07 - Recruting and Hiring People of Color
- Melissa Mirza, KSI '15 - Teaching the Middle East: Why It Cannot be Solely Regulated to History Class
- Candice Powell, KSI '11 - Double Consciousness, Double Jeopardy: The Effects of Tokenism on Black Independent School Educators
- Toni Williamson, LA '11 - Putting Your Mask on First: Practicing Self-Care as a Diversity Practitioner
- Nitya York, PSL '12 - Building Capacity in Middle School
Check out the whole program and register at http://pocc.nais.org/.