KLINGENSTEIN-SIMONS FELLOWSHIP AWARDS IN NEUROSCIENCE
Through its collaboration with the Simons Foundation, the Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards in Neuroscience supports early career investigators engaged in basic or clinical research that may lead to a better understanding of neurological and psychiatric disorders. The fellowship awards promote high-risk, and potentially high-reward, projects.
Aimed at advancing cutting-edge investigations, the awards are presented to highly promising, early career scientists. At this critical juncture in their careers, funding can be a challenge.
Karel Svoboda, Ph.D.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Mechanisms of Dendritic Calcium Influx in Neocortex in Vivo
Nelson Spruston, Ph.D.
- Northwestern University
- Dendritic spikes and epileptiform activity in the hippocampus
Lawrence Hugh Snyder, Ph.D.
- Washington University
- Integration of Sensory Signals for Arm Movements in Cerebral Cortex
William R. Schafer, Ph.D.
- University of California, San Diego
- Regulation of behavioral states in Caenorhabditis elegans
Sheila Nirenberg, Ph.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Dissecting Neuronal Networks Using Targeted Cell-Ablation
Steven Lee McIntire, Ph.D.
Robert H. Ebert Clinical Scholar
- University of California, San Francisco
- The Vesicular Transport of Glutamate