KLINGENSTEIN-SIMONS FELLOWSHIP AWARDS IN NEUROSCIENCE
Through its collaboration with the Simons Foundation, the Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards in Neuroscience supports early career investigators engaged in basic or clinical research that may lead to a better understanding of neurological and psychiatric disorders. The fellowship awards promote high-risk, and potentially high-reward, projects.
Aimed at advancing cutting-edge investigations, the awards are presented to highly promising, early career scientists. At this critical juncture in their careers, funding can be a challenge.
Doris Y. Tsao, Ph.D.
- California Institute of Technology
- Dissecting the neural circuits for face perception in macaque inferotemporal cortex
Maxence Nachury, Ph.D.
- Stanford University
- Molecular Studies of Leptin Signaling at the Primary Cilium
David McLean, Ph.D.
- Northwestern University
- Development of the excitatory circuitry controlling movements
Vitaly A. Klyachko, Ph.D.
- Washington University
- Analysis of presynaptic mechanisms with nanoscale resolution
Adam Kepecs, Ph.D.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Neural mechanisms of uncertainty estimation in decision-making
Alfredo Fontanini, Ph.D.
- SUNY Stony Brook
- Effects of expectation on sensory cortical dynamics